J.D. Leslie in the NNPF 2019 production of Viola by Henrika Larochelle & Jay Ritchie. Directed by Zachary Arndt. Scenic design, Ellen Brooker. Costume Design, Madeline Ius. Lighting Design, Christopher Pattenden. Photo: Jason Wighton.
Play Submission Instructions
PLAYS MAY ONLY BE SUBMITTED BY EMAIL AND MUST BE IN MICROSOFT WORD FORMAT. ALL OTHER FORMATS WILL BE DISREGARDED. ACCEPTABLE FILE TYPES ARE: doc, docx, rtf. Mac owners: Please check to ensure your file will open on a PC before submitting.
BEFORE MOVING ON TO THE NEXT STEP, PLEASE READ THE CONDITIONS BELOW:
NNTMPF CONDITIONS OF SUBMISSION
1. I warrant that I (or in the case of co-authors, “we”) am the author of the attached entry and that this is my original work that has never before been produced or published. I hold all rights to the work, and any claims or disputes that may arise from the production of this script in terms of ownership or content are my sole responsibility. I accept complete responsibility for the remedy of any disputes (financial or otherwise) and I agree that the Newmarket National Ten Minute Play Festival bears no responsibility for the copyright
content of this work.
2. I acknowledge that the decisions by the judges of this contest are final and that, due to the volume of submissions, I will not receive any private feedback regarding this submission.
3. By submitting this script, I grant The Newmarket National Ten Minute Play Festival permission to produce my play in the 2020 festival without fee or royalty. I understand that this submission will qualify for the $350 prize for outstanding script, the second place prize of $100, or the third place prize of $50. I understand that the festival intends to offer an honorarium through a sponsorship program, but, as with any profit share, the amount of any honorarium is contingent on what the festival "nets."
4. I understand that, if this play should be selected for production, script revisions may be required and I will be willing to work with the play’s director and designers to reach the full production potential of my script. I understand that the NNPF reserves the right to use gender-neutral casting.
5. I understand that my play may be recorded and/or photographed for rehearsal or archival purposes.
6. I grant the Newmarket National Ten Minute Play Festival the right to use my name, play title, video excerpts from my play, or photographs from my play for promotional purposes for the current festival, and in the promotion of future festivals.
PLAY SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 16, 2020
PLAY SUBMISSION PROCEDURE
Please attach your Microsoft word file to an email addressed to:
On the cover of your script, include your name, address, contact phone numbers (home and mobile), and the title of your play.
LASTLY, IN THE BODY OF YOUR EMAIL, INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT:
By submitting my play, I agree to all the terms and conditions listed in the NNTMPF CONDITIONS OF SUBMISSION.